Just spent a week without resharper while starting up a new project. Here’s the features I used in the first half hour and why I was going crazy without it:
- create & init Prop/Field from ctor
- rename var to naming conventions
- move class to file of proper name
- lookup/add namespace
- create backing field for Auto Property
- create method from inference
- create field
- Alt-Up/Down — go to next block
- add close quote/curly brace, etc.
- remove unused using directives
- jump to active file in solution explorer
- to public for class declaration
- xunit test runner
The best thing about ReSharper is that most of what I use it for is available via the Alt-Enter quick menu. Not many hotkeys to learn.
This funny blank message magically appeared in my Visual Studio, but using the Next Tip button did tell me about some pretty cool features.